Monday, April 6, 2009

Pre-Japan Jitters!

To think that a week from tomorrow we all get on a plane to Japan after two years of waiting to go back! Since you probably do not know much about our plans of travel here is a very brief summary of our trip to Japan.

Week one: Arrive in Tokyo and spend two nights in a ryokan (a ryokan is a Japanese inn), take the shinkansen (bullet train) to kyoto for six days.

Week two: Return to Tokyo to meet friends (and shop ; ) for four days.

Week three: Fly to San Francisco and spend two days recuperating then fly home.

So that's our general agenda but some things I want to do are:
visit some temples
eat Japanese food (and snacks :D)
buy some stuff from our favorite Japanese TV shows such as Kamen Rider Decade and Samurai Sentai Shinkenger.


I hope to blog every day while in Japan so stay tuned!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Brendan! I'm so glad you have your own blog! I can't wait to read it while you're in Japan! I'm sure you will have a fabulous time!!
    ~Cherie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alex is *really* into all things Japanese! We'll be following your travels with great interest. I was born in the Year of the Rat (Alex was born in the Year of the Rabbit).
    Have a fabulous time, we'll be watching....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi to each of you. I hope that you are thoroughly enjoying yourselves. I'm looking forward to reading your blog. Sue Ann

    ReplyDelete