Sunday, April 19, 2009

Random Japan Q & A

If you ever feel like coming to Japan, here are a few things you should be prepared for. Try figuring out what they are!
Let's see... Pocari Sweat... wonder where it can be found? Does it have to do with these people?


Well, what do you know... it's a sport's drink! I probably won't be waiting long in line at the vending machine for this...

Found this sign on the sidewalk- who knew that cigarettes have hands- & legs! What's this little guy saying...?

Translation: "Danger: do not smoke while walking!"

Does this look familiar to you? Hmmm... wonder where you sit?

This is a traditional japanese toilet- forget the magazine, though.

I wonder what this controls... one button says "oshiri"... that means "butt"... the other one says "bidet"... ask your mother about that one...


Huh- this is another part of the same device? What the heck is a sink doing here?


Ahhh- I see! This is the western-style toilet! The buttons spray water on you bottom- luckily, it's warm water! The faucet runs only after you flush the toilet, pretty eco-conscious, huh?

Hope you enjoyed this tour of interesting things you might find in Japan!

3 comments:

  1. It's always fascinating to see all the variations on toilets around the world. I hear the Japanese are the fanciest! Love the picture tour of them! The contol lever has as many buttons as my television remote!

    Regarding the choice of beverages there.... Somehow Pocari Sweat doesn't sound very appetizing! Drinking sweat just doesn't get it!

    Sincerely,
    Cat Lady

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Brendan!
    It looks like you are having a great time in Japan! Love your blog about Japanese toilets...very interesting :)
    We all miss you here but glad you are experiencing all that Japan has to offer!
    See you at the end of the week,
    Cherie

    ReplyDelete
  3. MMMMMM...I'm curious about Japanese marketing strategy. A sport drink with the word "Sweat" in the name...I think I'll stick with Gatorade (although now that makes me think of alligators and swamp water. I guess I'm losing my appetite for sports drinks.

    ReplyDelete