Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Tokyo & beyond...

4/27 - After 4 days of no internet in our apartment in Nakano, Japan, which is why I haven’t made any internet posts lately, I have internet access in San Francisco. yeah!
Nakano was mostly made up of apartments, convenience stores, game centers and Pachinko parlors. Pachinko, for any of you who don’t know, is the Japanese equivalent of slot machines. While walking by a parlor, the distinct odor of cigarette smoke fillled our nostrils and the ringing of slot machine bells filled our ears.

After 4 days in Nakano, we got on the plane for San Francisco, California. Now that I am back in the USA, jet lag has not been friendly to me. I am off to bed, so see you later.


4/28 - Here is how Mom said I spent our “jet lag recovery day” : Get up at 10:30 am and use the bathroom. Eat breakfast at 11:00 am and used the bathroom.
Took a taxi to the San Francisco Modern Museum of Art and used the bathroom.
Drove back to Burlingame, California and used the bathroom. Went for a swim. Went out to dinner along Burlingame Broadway, came home, used the bathroom and went to bed.
Another day in my exciting travels, according to Mom and Dad...

1 comment:

  1. Welcome home Brendan! I bet you're glad to see western toilets.

    As I'm sure you know by now I will be out all this week to be at home with our new baby. He is doing really well.

    I'm looking forward to seeing you next Monday and hearing all about your trip.

    ReplyDelete